Cargo insurance (also known as marine, shipping or freight insurance) covers the loss, damage or theft of commodities while in transit. If your terms of sale make you responsible for any portion of the delivery chain, you need the surety that your goods and investment are protected from origin to final destination.
Carrier’s liability is extremely limited in terms of value. Furthermore, coverage is limited only to the time when the goods are in the carrier’s control, as opposed to door-to-door. We strongly recommend cargo insurance, and offer a variety of products to suit your specific needs. ILS’s knowledgeable representatives can recommend appropriate coverage for your particular transaction.
- For most commodities, we can offer “All Risk” insurance.
- We also offer “Free of Particular Average” insurance.
- Door-to-door coverage is available, including incidental storage during consolidation/deconsolidation.
- Our corporate volume drives extremely competitive rates for you.
- We handle the whole process for you, including claims.